Friday, April 22, 2011

HIP TO THE HOP

I feel awful for not posting these sooner. I recently had the chance to photograph a budding hip hop crew known as C.O.S.M.I.C Dance Crew. These are a group of fun loving and funky dancers. It was a smaller shoot with just a few members. Next time, I'll have to find a bigger studio :P I decided that I wanted to go into the shoot with a concept. I wanted to have a sense of unity and forward thinking. Instead of having everyone do their own thing with the wardrobe, I had everyone in simple outfits that would pull them all together and make things seem in sync. Since this is hip hop though, I wanted to give them both an element of individuality and spunk. That's where the paint comes in :) Space was a huge issue so, I focused on making group shots, portraits and when I had the chance, some action... need to edit more of the action shots..
















One of my favorite shots from the prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment